Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Web 2.0 (Blog #4)

Web 2.0 technologies do and should have a huge impact on education. These technologies, as best as I understand, enhance the delivery of information through many different means. It allows us, the users, to interact more and find a multitude of data files.

This week my school district required us to complete a study on technology in the classroom called the Starchart report. As I am responding to each questions I could not help but to reflect on this course and everything we have learned up to this point and how much more there is out there to discover. My district is supportive of technology and how it is delivered. We strive to be up-to-date and compliant to support the requirements set before us. I would hope that there is not a district out there that does not place a large value on technology and support every measure. Technology, especially Web 2.0, is a expanding and ever changing world that allows us to stay informed and to assist educators/students in delivery methods. In education you can never have to much. Therefore, opening the door wide gives us an advantage to deliver meaningful and educational lessons.

At this point my Wiki is a sad case. I plan to play with it more as the semester rolls along to include more information about my classroom. Right now I would describe my Wiki as an introduction to me. I have a few family photos posted and a very small message. Stay tuned there's more to come! I have to be honest though, I am trying to decide which application to use; my blogline or the wiki. As of now, I am more comfortable with the blogline. I discussed the blogline with my principal and she wants to learn more about it as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment