Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Educational/Instructional Technology

As I began to research the meaning of educational/instructional technology I discovered it to be ironic that the first place I searched was the internet! Given may past statements about how I am not comfortable and do not use technology as I should I had to giggle when I began this task...

Educational/instructional technology is the process of educating by utilizing tools to enhance and/or inform. The tools include but are not limited to; machines, overhead projector, laptop computers, and calculators. More recent tools include I-Pods, MP3 players, etc. This form of instruction is ever changing based on society and it's needs.

This semester, as sad as it may sound, I am game for any and all assistance with any technology. I own a cell phone, a computer, and a newly acquired Wii. That is the extent of my daily technological influences. So, needless to say, in order to keep up with the 'Jones' I need to broaden my vocabulary to better understand how to utilize technology in my classroom. As far as my sharing experience with the class, I'm pretty sure I can instruct how to change a CD out of a CD player:-)

Resources:

Retrieved January 30, 2009 from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Educational_technology

Educational. (1984). In D. Guralnik (Ed.), Webster's New World Dictionary of the American Language (p. 444, second edition). New York: Simon & Schuster, Inc.

Technology. (1984). In D. Guralnik (Ed.), Webster's New World Dictionary of the American Language (p. 1460, second edition). New York: Simon & Schuster, Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment